If you want to useto confidentialise your data, then you need to have R Keys in your unit records. SuperCHANNEL can generate the R Keys automatically when it creates your SXV4.
To enable this feature:
In the Target View, select the very top item (the database):
- In the toolbar, click the Attributes icon to display the Target Attributes pane on the left.
Select the Generate Rkey Automatically check box.
Now that you have enabled the feature, you need to edit the Rkey Generation settings for each of your fact tables.
For each fact table in your database, do the following:
- In the Target View, select the fact table.
In the Target Attributes pane, enter values for the two new options that are now available: Rkey Seed and Rkey Generator:
- Rkey Seed is the seed value to use when generating the R Keys.
- Rkey Generator is the module used to generate the R Keys. If you want to use the generator supplied with SuperCHANNEL, set this to
str.database.rkey.SecureRandomRkeyGenerator. Alternatively, you can provide your own generator. See Using a Custom R Key Generator for more details on this option.
- Repeat these steps for any other fact tables in your database.