SuperCHANNEL is the database import tool you will use for converting your data from the source database to the star-schema, column-oriented format used by SuperSTAR to provide its cross-tabulation speed (sxv4).
SuperCHANNEL can import source data from systems such as SQL Server, Oracle, DB2 and other DBMS (Database Management System) applications through ODBC and JDBC drivers, and provides the interface where you design and build your SuperSTAR databases.
SuperCHANNEL can also connect to data sources in text, Excel, and other formats supported by ODBC or JDBC.
New to SuperCHANNEL?
If you are using SuperCHANNEL for the first time, we recommend that you start by following the SuperCHANNEL tutorial. This will take you through the end-to-end process of converting data into SXV4, introducing some of the key concepts.
Where To Next?
- Learn more about how to design your source database, and how you can use registry tables to reduce the amount of design work you need to do in the SuperCHANNEL GUI.
- Find out how to install SuperCHANNEL and set up JDBC drivers to connect to your source database
- Explore the user interface.
- Learn how to accomplish various tasks such as updating or revising an existing SXV4 database, building your SXV4 from multiple sources, and converting old formats to SXV4.
- Read about monitoring in SuperCHANNEL.
- Find out how to run SuperCHANNEL from the command line.
- Read the SuperCHANNEL reference guide.